Florida CLASS Data Collector Position - Jacksonville and Panhandle Areas
Teachstone Florida, United States
CLASS Data Collectors will conduct live Infant, Toddler, and Pre-K classroom observations using the Classroom Assessment Scoring System. Data collectors must be trained and reliable on the Infant, Toddler, and Pre-K levels of the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS). Data Collectors must maintain their CLASS certification for the duration of the project and will be required to complete ongoing calibration as required by project leadership.
While we encourage all qualified and interested individuals to apply, preference will currently be given to applicants in Florida. Some travel may be required.
***PLEASE NOTE - THIS IS A CONTRACT, SEASONAL POSITION***
- Available to start as early as January
- Available for mandatory project-specific orientation
- Attend weekly project check-in meetings as required
- Complete ongoing fidelity checks as required, including calibrations
- Complete data entry and other post-observation work in a timely manner as defined by project leadership
Certification, Fidelity and Data Collection:
- CLASS certification required (Infant, Toddler and Pre-K)
- Successfully participate in ongoing calibrations or fidelity checks as required by project leadership.
- Conduct 4 cycles of CLASS observations.
- Maintain strict fidelity to all CLASS observation and project-specific protocols through every step of the project including; training and certification, conducting observations, data entry, and record-keeping.
- Interact in a professional and courteous manner with school administration, office staff, and teachers.
- Willingness to travel and comfortable using technology to navigate to various observation locations.
- Knowledgeable in the use of online platforms (specifically; Zoom, Gmail, and Google Drive) and an aptitude to learn other platforms (training on specific platforms provided)
- Knowledge of the WELS system preferred
- B.A. degree in a relevant field, Child Development or Education preferred
- Background check required
- Coursework in early childhood education and/or classroom experience preferred
- Two years of experience using the CLASS tool to conduct live observations preferred
- Experience conducting observations or administering assessments in school settings
- Experience in quantitative or qualitative data collection
- Fluent in English
- Desired Fluency in Spanish
- Complete Mandated Reporter requirements as required by the project
- Demonstrate attention to detail, punctuality, and organization
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passion and commitment to education and education research
Teachstone is an equal opportunity employer. Teachstone does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, Veteran status or any other protected class as established by law.
- Seniority Level
- Entry level
- Education Management
- Employment Type
- Job Functions